Coronavirus Prevention at Pediatric Therapy Center
Pediatric Therapy Center is proud to continue providing the essential treatments and services your child needs, and we will continue to do our best to keep your child healthy and safe while they are in the office. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at any time.
REMINDER: PTC is a rehabilitation center and not a medical clinic. We do not see individuals who are ill. We serve healthy children in need of therapy. We trust you to stay home if you or your child is ill and therapists will do the same. If your child appears ill during a session, you will be contacted immediately to pick them up. If one of your therapists is ill, you will be notified immediately.
WAITING ROOM: You continue to have the option of coming into the waiting room or checking in virtually by text at (346) 202-2184 and requesting that your therapist meet you outside for drop-off and pick-up of your child.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: Your child will only be in contact with their own individual therapists who maintain social distancing from other children and therapists.
MASKS: Masks are optional in the clinic. Please discuss any specific requests or concerns with your therapist.
CARETAKERS: Parents of children over 1 year of age will not be allowed into the treatment areas with the exception of caretakers who are required to provide help with the child’s food via G-tube, administer essential medications required during therapy time, provide oxygen support, administer suctioning or assist with behavior management. This caretaker could be a parent if they meet the above criteria.
RESTROOMS: Exceptions will be made so a parent can come in briefly with their child to assist with toileting before and/or after therapy sessions. If you believe you should be exempt from this guideline discuss the details with your therapist in order to get clarification regarding your specific case.
PARENTS: Only one parent of children under the age of one may accompany them into the therapy sessions with the exception of the initial evaluation during which both parents may be present.
CLINIC STAFF & PATIENT GUIDELINES
• Wash their hands after each interaction with any individual, including but not limited to therapy treatment sessions.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer available at our clinic.
We have always, and will continue to:
- Wash our hands before and after each patient contact.
• Disinfect all clinic surfaces after each patient contact with an EPA-approved disinfectant.
• Disinfect any toys that come in contact with our patients’ mouths or hands.
• Appropriately dispose of any tissues used during treatment sessions.
• Invite you to use our sinks, soap and water to wash your own hands.
• Ask any patients and therapists who have experienced a temperature to remain home until they have been fever-free for 24 hours.
- Full external sanitization of our clinic daily.
Thank you for your cooperation!