Coronavirus Prevention at Pediatric Therapy Center
Pediatric Therapy Center is committed to provide a disinfected environment for our patients, their families, and our therapists. Therefore, we are closely monitoring the latest CDC updates regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Although there have not been any cases of Coronavirus at our facility, we are taking great measures to protect against the spread of the Coronavirus.
We have always, and will continue to:
• Wash our hands before and after each patient contact
• Disinfect all clinic surfaces after each patient contact with an EPA approved disinfectant
• Disinfect any toys that come in contact with our patients’ mouths or hands
• Appropriately dispose of any tissues used during treatment sessions
• Invite you to use our sinks, soap and water to wash your own hands
• Ask any patients and therapists who have experienced a temperature to remain home until they have been fever free for 24 hours
Full external sanitization of our clinic multiple times daily including:
• All high-touch point areas: light switches, doorknobs, faucets, chair handles, equipment, tables, etc.
• All bathrooms: surfaces, toilet seats, door handles, faucets, dispensers, etc.
Full external sanitization of our business office and therapists work area daily including:
• All computer mice, keyboards, telephone handsets, keypads, desktops, etc.
We are bringing in extra staff to assist with implementing the increased precautions.
Going forward we will continue to pick up your child in the waiting room, but at the end of the session we will text you and bring you your child to an agreed upon exit. This will minimize the time anyone spends in the waiting room or alternatively you can come to the back and pick up your child, discuss the details with your child’s therapist.
CLINIC STAFF & PATIENT GUIDELINES
Per CDC guidelines, we are also requiring all clinic staff, and are asking the same of all our patients and families to:
• Wash their hands after each interaction with any individual, including but not limited to physical therapy treatment
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer available at our clinic.
Thank you for your cooperation!